Error Code 40:91 Operating System could not find the path specified.
Article ID: AUXCP0002 Auxiliary copy operation fails if the source data chunk is not present at the indicated path.
The Auxiliary Copy operation fails with the following error message:
Error Code 40:91:
Failed to copy or verify chunk [...] in media [...] for storage policy [...] copy [...]: Backup job [...]. Operating System could not find the path specified.
Error Code 62:411
Operating System could not find the path specified.
This error message may appear if the source data chunk is not present at the indicated path due to one of the following reasons.
- Data was accidentally deleted or Disk volume or folder was moved.
- Disk device no longer visible by Operating System or drive letter has changed.
- SAN drives may have gotten swapped following a reboot.
- Determine whether the source disk volume is available at its original location and drive.
- Verify that the drive still has the CV_MAGNETIC folder at the proper location.
- If the CV_MAGNETIC folder exists, open the folder and verify that the V_# and CHUNK_# folder and paths are still available.
If the folders are not present at the location, it may have been deleted or written to a different volume while the volumes were swapped.
On SAN volumes, when the system is rebooted, the drives may be assigned wrong letters by the Operating System. If the drives get assigned wrong letters, then you need to determine if the current configuration is correct and the problem occurred in the path.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Library and Drive.
- Under Available MediaAgents, select the MediaAgent that is attached to the library and then click Add.
- Click the Shared Disk Device tab.
- Select and right-click the appropriate drive and then click Properties.
- From the Sharing Folder Properties dialog box, under Folder box verify the location and path structure.
If the path is incorrect, use the Browse to locate the path and reselect.
For Network location, verify username and password by re-entering the credentials.
Example of incorrect path: Path displays \\\\ instead of \\.
If the current configuration is correct and the backups were written to the wrong volume, perform a search for the V_# folder on the system and move them back to the correct volume to allow the Auxiliary Copy to progress.
Alternatively, if the current configuration is incorrect, then swap the volumes back and then allow the Auxiliary Copy operation to resume.