Remote CommCell Console won't start after Java Runtime Environment (JRE) update
Article ID: CC0009 Java bug prevents remote web-based CommCell Console from starting
Remote web-based CommCell Console hangs on start due to Java environment bug on local host. An examination of the installed Java version shows Java version 8 update 72, 74, 77, 91 or 92 is installed
Verify current Java version
- Open Java applet in the CommCell Console host's Control Panel
- Select About to view Java Version installed
If the installed Java version shown is Version 8 Update 72, 74 or 77, uninstall Java and then install Java Version 8 Update 71 or 73.
To Remove Java
- Open Programs and Features applet in the CommCell Console host's Control Panel,
- Locate Java program, right-click, and select Uninstall.
To install older version of Java
- Download jre-8u73-windows-x64.exe or jre-8u71-windows-x64.exe from Oracle.
- Run the downloaded file to install Java,
Recommendation: Use odd-numbered Java versions as these don't contain uncertified patch sets which may cause issues. Also make sure to use the "Java SE Runtime Environment" version.