Procedure to add dictionary words to Multi Lingual Search engine
Article ID: CI0003 Procedure to add dictionary words to Multi Lingual Search engine
To add dictionary words to the Japanese or Chinese dictionaries, use the following recommended steps:
- On the Commvault Multi Lingual Search Engine host platform, start notepad text editor or any text editor capable of saving the file in UTF-8 encoded format.
- Add new dictionary words to the new file. One word per one line.
- Save the file with UTF-8 encoding (example filename: userdictionary.txt) and place it under the following dictionary folder as appropriate:
(Japanese) C:\Program Files\CommVault\Simpana\CVCIEngine43\rlp\jma\dicts
(Chinese) C:\Program Files\CommVault\Simpana\CVCIEngine43\rlp\cma\dicts
- Edit the appropriate options XML file located in the following folder: C:\Program Files\CommVault\Simpana\CVCIEngine43\rlp\etc\
- To each appropriate file add the following line in the Dictionary Path element:
[rlp/bin path to dictionary file]
Example edit: Editing jla-options.xml file
Example edit: Editing cla-options.xml file
- Restart the Search engine.
If you have multiple Multi-lingual search engines, repeat the above procedure for each search engine.
Note: Only new data will be indexed by the new dictionary. Data already indexed will not be affected. Save a copy of the new dictionary file(s) in case you need to re-install the the search engine.