CommServe client name or CommServe host name was accidentally changed
Article ID: CS0025 During a hardware refresh or a disaster recovery operation, the CommServe client name or CommServe host name may be accidentally changed.
The CommServe client name or CommServe host name was accidentally changed.
Run SetPreImagednames.exe from the command line to change the CommServe client and CommServe host name back to the original name.
- On the CommServe computer, open the command prompt, navigate to the software_installation_directory>\Base folder and run the following command:
Changing the CommServe Host Name
SetPreImagednames.exe CSNAME -hostname originalhostname accidentalhostname -displayname computername
- originalhostname and accidentalhostname are the original and accidental host names of the computer. Use this format: computer.domain.company.com.
- computername is the name of the computer currently displayed in the CommCell Browser.
Changing the CommServe Client Name
SetPreImagednames.exe CSNAME -displayname originalclientname accidentalclientname
- originalclientname is the original client name of the computer.
- accidentalclientname is the accidental client name of the computer.