Rolling Back a Commvault Service Pack Upgrade
Article ID: CS0033 Rolling Back a Commvault Service Pack Upgrade
In the event a Commvault software service pack upgrade fails or for some reason needs to be removed, you can roll back to the previous service pack software state using the procedure described here.
- During a service pack installation, a DR backup of the current CommServe state is automatically conducted. This will be your roll back state DR backup.
- Before rolling back, we recommend taking a new DR backup, just in case.
Warning: Make sure you have access to both of these DR backup before proceeding.
Warning: All backups between the roll back state DR backup will be lost.
- Uninstall Commvault software on the CommServe platform
- Reinstall the CommServe software using a previous service pack version and select the roll back state DR backup.
Note: Previous versions of Commvault software can be downloaded from Commvault's Download Center->Media Kits->Enterprise Kits.
- When the CommServe Services start, log in and disable CommServe Activity and Scheduler.
- Uninstall the MediaAgent software from all MediaAgent platforms.
- Reinstall the MediaAgent software using previous service pack version.
- Enable Activity and Scheduler on the CommServe.
Note: Enabling acttivity will automatically trigger a Deduplication Database (DDB) resync. A resync will prune records in the DDB for Archive Files/chunks that are no longer in the CommServe database because of the roll back.
Warning: New full backups are recommended for all AppTypes.