Error Code 9:99 Client [
] is not allowed to connect with built-in certificates. If you are reinstalling, please revoke all the client's outstanding certificates in the Certificate Administration applet of Control Panel in the GUI.
Article ID: DAPR0002 Backup or Archive job goes pending with Error Code 9:99 and possibly other errors related to loss of control or communication
Job goes pending and/or fails. AppMgrService or CVD logs will show Error Code 9:99 and possibly other errors related to loss of control or communication
Usually occurs with a new client install. A client with the same name may exist on the network. Communication errors may prevent reading of the certificate. Additionally, if this is a new install, the option to force per-client certficatication on the CommServe may be enabled and a temporary certficate needs to be issued.
A generic built-in certificate is used for initial installation of a client. Once validated, a unique certificate is issued for each client. You can configure the CommServe host to only validate a permanent or temporary client certificates during installation, and refuse connections from built-in certificates. Certificates can be revoked and re-issued, and are renewed automatically. See Client Certificates.
If this is a newly installed client.
- Verify you have successful network communication with the client from the Commserve.
- Verify the option to Force per-client certification on the CommServe is not selected.
- If not selected - Uninstall and then re-install the Commvault software.
- If selected – Follow directions to issue a temporary certificate to the client.
If this is an existing client (data protection jobs have previously been successful)
- In the CommCell Console
- In the Job Controller, suspend any pending data protection job(s) for the client.
- In the Control Panel, open the Certificate Administration applet
- Select the client and Revoke its certificate.
- On the client
- Use Process Manager to stop all Commvault services on the Client
- Delete the <Install path>/Base/Certificate folder. (It will be automatically rebuilt when services are restarted and the client communicates with the CommServe)
- Restart the Commvault services on the Client.
- Resume or start data protection job.