Error Code: 32:399 Deduplication DB access path [ ] on MediaAgent [ ] is offline
Article ID: DD0014 Backup or Auxiliary Copy job fails reporting Deduplication Database offline
Backup or Auxiliary Copy job fails with the following error message:
Error Code: [32:399] Description: DeDuplication DB access path [ ] on MediaAgent [ ] is offline for Storage Policy Copy [ ]. Offline Reason: The active deduplication store of current storage policy copy is not available to use. Please wait till the DeDuplication DB Reconstruction job reconstructs the partitions.
The error message appears and the backup or Auxiliary Copy job fails, if the active DDB is not available to use. This might be because of one of the following reasons:
- The DDB is offline due to one of the following reasons:
- Network connectivity.
- Unexpected termination of the DDB process.
- Not enough space on the DDB disk.
- The previous reconstruction job on the DDB failed due to the DDB validation failure.
To resolve this issue, perform one of the following based on the cause:
- Resolve the network connectivity issue.
- If the DDB recovery option was set to Pause and Recover to current DDB - Automatically on the Copy Properties dialog box and the DDB process was terminated, then the reconstruction job starts automatically,
- If the DDB recovery option is not set to Pause and Recover to current DDB - Automatically, you can perform reconstruction job manually. See Manually Recovering the Deduplication Database for more information.
- Make sure to have enough space on volume hosting the DDB.
See Deduplication - DDB Information for minimum space requirement on the DDB Volume.
- For DDB validation failure, contact your software provider.