Deduplication Database on MediaAgent [ ] Path [ ] is found offline within last  hours
Article ID: DD0017 A backup or Auxiliary Copy job goes to Waiting state for a long period of time with an error message
Backup or Auxiliary Copy job goes to Waiting state with the following error message:
Deduplication Database on MediaAgent [ ] Path [ ] is found offline within last [ ] hours. Backups/Auxcopy may not be running to this partition.
The error message appears when one of the partition:
- Is offline due to network connectivity.
- Partition path is not accessible or does not have enough space.
- MediaAgent services are offline. Or,
- You do not have Allow Jobs to run to this copy while at least partition(s) are available option enabled on the Copy Properties dialog box - Deduplication - Settings tab.
To continue the client backups, perform the following depending upon the issues in your environment:
- Make sure to have enough space on the partition. See Deduplication - DDB Information for minimum space requirement on DDB Volume.
- Verify the MediaAgent services are up and running.
- Resolve the Network connectivity issue.
- If you have Partitioned DDB configured and if other partition(s) are online, then enable Allow Jobs to run to this copy while at least partition(s) are available option to continue backups. See Deduplication - Settings for more information.
- Run the backups without deduplication and enable the deduplication once the partition is online. See How do I continue my client backups during DDB recovery? for the step-by-step procedure.