Restore Error: FAIL: Reason DMRS: Restore file handle is invalid.(err=26)
Article ID: EXOP0005 Restoring multiple stubs using the MassRecall Utility on a proxy client fails.
Restoring multiple stubs using the MassRecall Utility (cvrecallmailbox.exe) on a proxy client fails. The following error message appears in the cvrecallmailbox.txt file. The log file is located in software_installation_path\Log Files on the proxy client.
FAIL: Reason DMRS: Restore file handle is invalid.(err=26)
If the creation of a dynamic profile fails during the restore operation, then the Commvault software attempts to use the static (local) profile. However, if the static profile is not configured on the proxy client, then the software does not recognize the static profile.
Configure a static profile on the proxy client.
- Log on to the proxy client that is used to restore the stubs.
Use the credentials for the Windows account that you defined in the mailbox agent properties.
- In Windows on the proxy client, click Start, and then type regedit in the Search programs and files box.
- Press Enter.
- In the Registry Editor, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > CommVault Systems > Galaxy.
- Right-click the instance, and then click New > Key.
- Name the key MSExchangeDMAgent.
- Right-click MSExchangeDMAgent, and then click New > DWORD.
- Name the DWORD CreateProcessSpecificProfile.
- Right-click CreateProcessSpecificProfile, and then click Modify.
- In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, in the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.