Restore Error: FAIL: Reason DMRS: Restore file handle is invalid.(err=26)
Article ID: EXOP0005 Restoring multiple stubs using the MassRecall Utility on a proxy client fails.
Restoring multiple stubs using the MassRecall Utility (cvrecallmailbox.exe) on a proxy client fails. The following error message appears in the cvrecallmailbox.txt file. The log file is located in software_installation_path\Log Files on the proxy client.
FAIL: Reason DMRS: Restore file handle is invalid.(err=26)
If the creation of a dynamic profile fails during the restore operation, then the ##_DOC_PRODUCT_NAME_## software attempts to use the static (local) profile. However, if the static profile is not configured on the proxy client, then the software does not recognize the static profile.
Configure a static profile on the proxy client.
- Log on to the proxy client that is used to restore the stubs.
Use the credentials for the Windows account that you defined in the mailbox agent properties.
- In Windows on the proxy client, click Start, and then type regedit in the Search programs and files box.
- Press Enter.
- In the Registry Editor, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > CommVault Systems > Galaxy.
- Right-click the instance, and then click New > Key.
- Name the key MSExchangeDMAgent.
- Right-click MSExchangeDMAgent, and then click New > DWORD.
- Name the DWORD CreateProcessSpecificProfile.
- Right-click CreateProcessSpecificProfile, and then click Modify.
- In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, in the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.