Error Code: [24:42]: Cannot start restore program on host
Article ID: IBMI0003 An IBM i restore job fails with the error message "Cannot start restore program on host".
One of the following symptoms indicates that the restore job failed:
- A network error occurred.
- Commvault services are not running.
The following situations might cause the restore job to fail:
- Commvault services might be stopped on the IBM i client.
- An error occurs on the connection between the proxy computer and the IBM i client.
- A firewall is blocking the connection.
You can resolve the error by using the following resolutions:
- Check the Commvault services on IBM i (simpana status). If the status is not active, then start the Commvault services (simpana start)
- If Commvault services are running on IBM i, then check the network connection between the proxy computer and the IBM i client.
- If a firewall exists between the proxy computer and IBM i, stop the firewall.