Backup Pending with Error Code [14.96] [14.95] "Failed to start createIndex on MediaAgent..."
Article ID: IND0009 You may receive Job Pending Reason error code [14.96] "Failed to start createIndex on MediaAgent..." or Job Pending Reason error code [14.95] "Failed to start createIndex on MediaAgent... (timeout)."
You may receive the following Job Pending Reason error code [14:96]:
You may receive the following Job Pending Reason error code [14:95]:
These errors can be produced by the following causes:
- The host file on the CommServe instance or a MediaAgent contains incorrect network information.
- MediaAgent services are not running, or the MediaAgent host is offline.
- VPN tunnels are incorrectly configured.
For each of the causes listed above, complete the following steps:
- Verify that the configuration information in the hosts files on the CommServe host and the MediaAgent host is correct.
- Verify that the Commvault Software Services are running on the MediaAgent. The Commvault Software Services include the following:
- Commvault Communications Service, GxCVD. This service runs on all CommCell computers and uses TCP port 8400.
- Commvault Server Event Manager, GxEvMgrS. This service runs on the CommServe host and uses TCP port 8401.
- Commvault Client Manager Service, GxClMgrS. This service runs on all CommCell computers and uses TCP port 8402.
For more informatoin, see Services - Advanced.
- Verify connectivity by entering this line at the Windows command prompt on the client computer:
C:\>software_installation_directory\Base\cvping "MediaAgent_client_name" -UseIPv4 -Port port_num
The client can reach the MediaAgent if the
cvpingcommand returns "Connection successful."
For information about opening ports and verifying that the firewall is properly configured to allow Commvault components to connect, see Firewall - Getting Started - Overview.
- If there is no firewall, and no ports are blocked between the client and the MediaAgent, and the problems persist, please check your network to verify that the client can communicate with the MediaAgent.