Windows Error Code [68:174] Failed to install File System Core Package
Article ID: INS0010 When you use the CommCell Console to install the File System Core package on a Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7 computer, the installation might fail due to a WMI setting.
The installation of the File System Core package might fail with the following error message:
Failed to install File System Core Package, the credentials entered may not have permission to use WMI on remote machine. Please check WMI configuration and user credentials.
The user account that you specified during the installation to access the remote computer does not have sufficient permissions to use WMI.
Correct the WMI settings on the remote computer.
- Log on to the remote computer and open the Computer Management window.
- In the left pane of the Computer Management window, expand the Services and Applications node, right-click WMI Control, and then click Properties.
- In the WMI Control Properties dialog box, complete the following steps:
- Click the Security tab.
- Expand the Root node and select CIMV2.
- Click Security.
- In the Security for ROOT\CIMV2 dialog box, update the permissions for the required user, or add a user with sufficient permissions. After making the necessary changes, click OK.
- In the WMI Control Properties dialog box, click OK to save your changes.
- Restart the computer, and then retry the installation.