Connection Error: Connection to CommServe is lost
Article ID: INS0016 After the CommServe installation, the CommCell Console fails to connect to the CommServe.
When you try to log on to the CommCell Console, the following error message is displayed:
Connection to CommServe is lost. Do you want to reconnect?
The Entrust Certificate is missing on the CommServe computer.
To install the Entrust Certificate, complete the following steps:
- Log on to the CommServe computer.
- Go to the Software_Installation_Directory/Base directory, right-click CVSession.dll, and click Properties.
- In the CVSession.dll Properties dialog box, click the Digital Signatures tab, select Commvault Systems, Inc. from the signature list, and then click Details.
- In the Digital Signature Details dialog box, click View Certificate.
- In the Certificate dialog box, click the Certification Path tab, select Entrust (2048), and then click View Certificate.
- In the active Certificate dialog box, click Install Certificate and follow the installation wizard by accepting the default values.
After the installation, click OK to close the active Certificate dialog box.
- Repeat steps 5 to 6 to install the Entrust Code Signing Certification Authority - L1D.
- Click OK.