UNIX Error Code [72:57] [Volume/Path] does not have required minimum space of [number] MB.
Article ID: INS0019 After the installation on UNIX computers, Commvault software generates an error if there is not enough disk space in the /var directory.
The following error message is displayed in the CVD.log file of the client or in the Event Viewer window of the CommCell Console:
[volume/path] does not have required minimum space of  MB. The space available is  MB.
The CVD service on the client checks the disk space of the /var directory and finds that there is not enough space.
By default, during the installation, logs are configured to reside in the /var/log/Simpana/log_files directory. Even if you chose a different directory to store the logs, the CVD service will continue to check the /var directory because system and driver output messages are also configured to reside in that directory.
To skip the space check on the /var directory, set the nSYSVAR_MIN additional setting on the UNIX computer:
- Log on to the CommCell Console.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand the Client Computers node, right-click the client on which you installed the software, and then click Properties.
- In the Client Computer Properties dialog box, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Client Properties dialog box, click the Additional Settings tab and then click Add.
- In the Add Additional Settings on UNIX Client dialog box, complete the following steps:
- In the Name box, type nSYSVAR_MIN. The category and type details are automatically provided.
- In the Value box, type 0, and click OK.
- In the Advanced Client Properties dialog box, click OK.
- In the Client Computer Properties dialog box, click OK.