Microsoft cluster configuration: The cluster group is not yet configured
Article ID: INS0029 A critical event appears in the CommCell Console, indicating that the cluster group client was not configured.
On the Event Viewer tab of the CommCell Console, the following critical event is displayed:
Cluster group [group_name] with hostname [hostname] is not yet configured on node [cluster_node_name]. The shared disk path is: [disk_path]. Other nodes are [node_names].
After the Commvault software was installed on the physical nodes of a Microsoft cluster, the cluster group client was not configured in the CommCell Console.
You can apply one of the following solutions:
Solution 1: Create the Cluster Group Client
From the CommCell Console, you can run a workflow to create the cluster group client automatically. The workflow uses the information that is collected by the critical event. The information consists of the cluster group name and hostname (network name), the active node of the cluster group, the shared disk path, and the names of the passive nodes.
To run the workflow, complete the following steps:
- From the CommCell Browser, click Workflows.
- On the Workflows tab, right-click CreateClusterClients, and then click All Tasks > Execute.
The CreateClusterClients dialog box appears.
- Click OK.
When the workflow detects the critical event, it creates the cluster group client using the information that was collected by the event. The cluster group client is added to the list of client computers.
- To verify the creation of the cluster group client, click the Client Computers node, and then press the F5 key to refresh the client list.
The new client uses the virtual network name (DNS name) of the cluster group.
Solution 2: Disable Future Critical Events
If you prefer not to generate future critical events about the missing cluster group client, you must add the bDetectClusters additional setting on the physical nodes of the Microsoft cluster where you installed the Commvault software. The additional setting disables the critical events.
Note: If critical events are disabled for this issue, you cannot use the workflow to create the cluster group client.
To add the additional setting, complete the following steps:
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the Client (physical node), and then click Properties.
The Client Computer Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Client Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Additional Settings tab, click Add.
The Add Additional Settings on Windows Client dialog box appears.
- Enter the following information:
- In the Name box, type bDetectClusters.
- In the Value box, type 0.
- Click OK to save the additional setting.