Error Code 32:406 The number of writers would exceed the maximum allowed limit
Article ID: MM0008 Data Protection Job goes to waiting/pending state because of inability to access storage path or media.
Job displays Error Code: [32:406] The number of writers would exceed the maximum allowed limit: Library [XXXXXXX], MediaAgent [XXXXXXXX], Drive Pool [DrivePool(XXXXXXXX)], Media:Review the Library's Mount Path Allocation Policy: Source: Process:
By default there is no limit on the number of job streams available to a disk library. However, mount paths can become full or to prevent resource saturation and maximize performance, limits on the number of job streams may have been set for each mount path or for the library as a whole.
- Verify each Mount Path for free disk space and the Mount Path Allocation Policy settings.
- Verify the Mount Path Allocation Policy settings for the assigned Disk Library. If set to maximum, then total number of available job streams would be the sum of each mount paths Moutn Path Allocation Policy setting where the mount path has free disk space available.
- Take one or more of the following actions:
- Increase the Number of Writers for the disk library to the level necessary to meet current job stream requirements. For best preformance we recommend a max of 10 streams per library and 5 streams per mount path. However, your configuration may support higher or lower number of job streams. Too many streams may slow the throughput of each individual stream. Verify with your system, network, and storage administrators the best setting for your configuration.
- Reduce the number of current job streams required by either reducing the number of readers for each job or by rescheduling job patterns to minimize concurrency and peak demand for job streams.
- Add more data paths to the Storage Policy Primary copy and/or more mount paths to the library to increase, distribute and balance job streams across multiple MediaAgent platforms and mount paths.