Error Code 32:406 Drive in which Media is mounted is inaccessible from its drive controller
Article ID: MM0009 Data Protection Job goes to waiting/pending state because of inability to access storage path or media.
Job goes waiting pending with the following reason:
Error Code: [32:406]: Drive in which Media is mounted is inaccessible from its drive controller
Restart/Resync of a component in the device path may have change the SCSI/Drive number association causing the system to mix up drives.
Ensure that the actual SCSI numbers and drive numbers in the library correspond to the SCSI numbers and drive numbers displayed for the library in the Library and Drive Configuration dialog box.
If the library supports SCSI 3 the library/dive can be detected and configured without performing exhaustive detection. To verify whether the library supports SCSI 3, run theScanScsiTool.exe from the command prompt.
This tool is available in the following locations:
- Windows: <Software Installation Path>\Base
- Unix: <Software Installation Path>/Base/ScanScsiTool
If you are not sure, or if there is a mismatch, run the exhaustive detection process.
When a device has detect success status, it indicates that the system has all of the information necessary to use the device. Note that the system only detects devices for which device drivers are loaded. A device may also have the following status:
- partially configured, detect fail - connection error status when the detection fails due to an error connecting to the MediaAgent
- partially configured, detect fail - device not found status if the detection fails due to a missing device
- cannot find a matching device status if the SCSI address for the device is changed