Error code 13:20 Failed to send the start data transfer control message to the tail
Article ID: MM0027 I/O errors occur on HP drives using a MediaAgent on the follow installed operating systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2003 R2; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2008 R2
Backup fails with the following errors:
Error code 13:20
Failed to send the start data transfer control message to the tail.
In addition, you might get error code 40:64.
The following message appears in the JobManager.log file:
Set pending cause [Error occurred in Library [HP ???xxxx Series],Drive Name [HP Ultrium x-SCSI_x],Barcode ,Path [\\.\Tapex] [Please check whether the correct version of drivers has been installed for this device. Please check whether the SCSI Bus is terminated properly.] For more help, please call your vendor's support hotline.
If you perform a read test with the TapeToolGui, you might receive the following errors:
Error writing to tape. Error = 1117, Error String = The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
Error reading from the tape. Error = 1117, Error String = The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
Storport storage driver version is incorrect.
Contact HP support and request the following articles:
Hung, Wei Jung Shih, "HP Insight Management and RSM disabling", July 2008.
"HP StorageWorks Ultrium Tape Drives - Failing Backups when Connected to LSI SCSI HBA and Using Storport Driver Versions Later than 5.2.3790.3959", HP Support document.
Consult the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- "The DeviceType registry entry value is truncated when the Microsoft Storport driver is installed on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista",http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953390
- "The storport.sys driver leaks nonpaged pool memory when volumes are scanned, mounted, or dismounted in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista",http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968675
- "An updated Storport storage driver is available for Windows Server 2003",http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932755
- "Stop error on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista or Windows 7 when the operating system uses a virtual storport miniport driver to save a dump file or a hibernation file: '0x000000D1'",http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2320550
- "A hotfix rollup that improves Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 compatibility with Advanced Format disks", http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2553708