"Block Level Backup cannot run": A Block-Level Backup Job Fails to Start
Article ID: MSQL0009 A MySQL or PostgreSQL block-level backup job fails to start
A block-level backup job fails to start. The following error message is displayed in the CommCell Console:
Block Level Backup cannot run because there is an earlier dependent job  that must be backed up to tape first.
During the backup copy operation, snapshot data was not copied to a media or a tape.
To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods:
- Run a backup copy job from a storage policy:
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies > storage_policy.
- Right-click storage_policy, and then click All Tasks > Run Backup Copy.
The Backup Copy dialog box appears.
- On the Backup Copy Options tab, select the options that you want to use for the backup copy job, and then click OK.
- Disable a backup copy for a specific job:
- Right-click a storage policy that contains ##_DOC_INTELLISNAP_## backup jobs, and then click View Jobs.
- Right-click the job that you want to disable, and then click Do not Backup Copy.