"Starting of aux server failed": A Block-Level Table-Level Restore Operation or a Clone Restore Operation Fails
Article ID: MSQL0017 A MySQL restore job from a block-level backup operation fails with errors.
A block-level table level restore operation or a clone restore operation fails with the following error message:
Error Code: [87:18]
Description: MySQL Database: [~Starting of aux server failed~] Restore Failed.
The restore operation might be failing because of one of the following two reasons:
- The MySQL bin directory path is incorrect.
- The mysqld_safe binary is not in the bin directory.
To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods:
- If the MySQL bin directory path is incorrect, provide the correct path.
- If the mysqld_safe binary is not in the bin directory, complete the following steps:
- Use the following example command to create a symbolic link for mysqld, with the name mysqld_safe:
- Create the additional setting sAdvancedStartServerOptions, and set its value as shown below: