vCenter virtualization client is not displayed for subclient advanced options or VM restores
Article ID: VMW0029 If a default backup set is not specified for a virtualization client, the client might not be listed as a vCenter client for restores or as a proxy server on the Advanced Options tab of subclient properties.
The virtualization client for a vCenter is not listed as a client for full VM restores or as a proxy server on the Advanced Options tab of subclient properties. The virtualization client is in a deconfigured state.
This issue can occur when a virtual machine running vCenter was discovered and then converted to a virtualization client (pseudo client) prior to ##_DOC_OEM_INSTALL_SCREEN_PRODUCT_NAME_## Version 10, Service Pack 5. The issue persists when the client is upgraded to V11.
This issue can be resolved in either of the following ways:
- Modify the properties for a backup set under the virtualization client and select the option Make this the Default backup set.
- Run the UpdateVSClientStatus Qscript on the CommServe system to update the client status:
- If you are not logged on to the CommServe computer, run the qlogin command.
- At a command prompt, navigate to the software installation path, and then run the following script:
Qscript -f UpdateVSClientStatus.sqle -i client_name
where client_name is the name of the virtualization client.
- Verify that the virtualization client appears in the list of vCenter clients for subclient configuration or restores.