Live Sync replication jobs might fail because the replication process tries to restore files to the \Windows\System32 folder.
Article ID: VMW0032 In some cases, the extended options for a Live Sync replication job are not used correctly for the replication process. You can run a script to ensure that the replication job uses the configured options.
A Live Sync replication job might try to restore files to the \Windows\System32 folder, and fail as a result. The job might show the following error message:
ERROR CODE [23:70]: There is not enough space on the disk. Failed while restoring [file_name] on machine [machine_name].
The ImgFileileLvlRestore.log file might show entries such as the following:
BackupWrite failed for [directory_name].
This issue occurs when the extended job options for the Live Sync job are not used by the replication process, and a file restore job to the \Windows\System32 folder is launched instead.
To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
- For Live Sync schedules where this problem occurs, disable Live Sync.
- Clean up the \Windows\System32 folder on the VSA proxy to remove the files that were written by the failed replication job.
- Run a Disaster Recovery backup.
- Download the QScript - fixExtendedJobOptionMismatch.sql package from the Commvault Store.
- Copy the fixExtendedJobOptionMissmatch.sqle script to the Base folder on the CommServe system.
- If the VSA machine is also acting as a MediaAgent, ensure that no jobs are in progress.
- Execute the qscript using the following command:
qscript -f fixExtendedJobOptionMissmatch.sqle
- Enable Live Sync schedules for the affected VMs.